Thursday, November 06, 2003

Etc and blah blah blah....

-The family get-together was a great success, as in, no one was found to be missing. In any case, I feel it would be a great idea to have a family song, like the one in Yaadon Ki Baraat, or maybe a funky family tattoo for generations yet to be born. At the rate the world is progressing, its getting difficult to keep in touch with oneself, let alone with others.

-I am not very comfortable with being in the limelight. It can come as a shock to some that you are still unmarried at all of 23.66 years and with no wedding bells within hearing distance. ( FYI, equally shocking is that I haven't watched Matrx I and II)

-6 women purchasing 8 saris in a span of 45 minutes is a Guiness record of sorts. The shopkeeper insisted I buy one too. Yeah sure, after I practise walking at least 50 feet without tripping over the 5 yard piece of cloth. But seriously speaking, a good sari can beat the best salwar kameez hollow any day.

-With some people it does not really matter if you have met after ages. There is always something to talk about (read gossip about). On the contrary, with some others, I just cannot go beyond a hi, hello, how are you. Its basically shyness (most times mistaken for arrogance) coupled with a "its-not-that-you-are-a-stranger-but-i-have-no-idea-what-to-talk-about" problem. (This idiotic shyness attribute also leads to voices stuck in the larynx during rounds of antakshari or feet stuck to the ground when people are dancing and of course stage fright)

-I have a feeling God is testing my patience or rather teaching me to be patient.
    First it was being subjected to the dreadful songs of Tere Naam, not once but 5 times in the bus to Kolhapur. I am so scarred for life that the very mention of the dumb movie is enough to cause a neuron short circuit. I am sure Pandu the Cat is more interesting movie material.
   Secondly it was an agonising 4 hour wait in an engineering lab while my ill cousin attended a practical exam. It brought back veri veri bad memories of my own practical and oral sessions. Machines that did not work, practicals that we had not performed, moody professors, and again that agonising wait for my turn to come. *shudder* *shudder*
  Finally it was running around a five year old trying to feed him a bowl of rice. I thought people started rebelling adolescence onwards?

-Cancerian moodiness, Leo tantrums, A Piscean's attempts for a truce. Playing Agony Aunt too. Come to think of it, I should have been a psychologist. The only thing that would hinder my success in this profession is that when people would talk about their heartaches, my first reaction would be to laugh. God knows why I do that, but when people talk about their love life problems, I just cannot stiffle a giggle. Otherwise I can be as serious as the occasion demands.

-You aint been to Kolhapur if you aint tasted the assal Kolhapuri Misal. And you aint tasted assal Kolhapuri misal if you aint eaten it in that town (or is it city?)

-The Chosen one
When it comes to being frequently bit by mosquitoes and hounded by supposedly "just sniffing around you know" doggies. And yes I finally got to know why I am any mosquie's favourite gal.


P.S: Any suggestions for a family song ?
Nirupa Royji, shaayad aap ko koi accha wala pata hoga, aadath jo ho gayi hai aapko:-)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home