Wednesday, October 01, 2003

The lethal combi of 28-adults-1-baby and a candle-lit venue

Allow me to continue with my post on parties, venues and the works.

I personally feel that candle-light dinners are no good for people other than those blinded by love. The absence or presence of light really does not make much of a difference then.

But for a bunch of rowdy home sapiens,(the mini homo sap was better behaved), it does. I almost fished out a noodle from a colleague's soup bowl thinking it contained chutney.

And then the ambience, that comes attached with a candle-lit venue on a hilltop, the sky above, the gentle wind, poolside tables etc etc.

Imagine there is a guy out there, and believe me there were lots of eligible couples yesterday, who has waited for months for this moment, his hand on hers, the other fingering the ring in his pocket, about to pop THE QUESTION and that very minute, on the next table, from one end, the leader of the pack, his vocals chords stretched to their limit, "Kisiko rice chahiye kyaaaaa". Did I hear a bubble burst?

Next time, I dont care if it looks like a Philips tubelight showroom, but as a service to the romantically inclined, I shall be opting for 'brighter' venue,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home