Friday, October 17, 2003

Right now, for me, astrology is not exactly crap but not to be taken too seriously either.

Mondays to Saturdays the reading sequence in the city edition of the newspaper is always Garfield - Beetle Bailey - What Your Stars Foretell - the rest of the toons - Movies

Sundays it is the weekly forecast i.e Ganesha says - Cartoons - the amazingly witty Jug Suraiyya , and some of the other good stuff they manage to churn out for this day.

Mondays to Saturdays, the planetary configurations signal all horrible things for the day, accidents, misunderstandings, fights, bad health. And every day, I wait for it to happen and wait and wait and wait (assuming your headphones jumping up and smacking your nose is not an accident, I dont know how it happened, so does that make it one?)

On Sundays, abra-ca-dabra, the planets miraculously arrange themselves in a pattern that favours me, they rant and rave about the following week, how it will be the greatest one I have had in a lifetime, all due to my past generosity (ahem ahem), wishes will come true (well one kind of did recently), finances will improve (though I cant see how, unless I raid a bank or I have a on-her-way-to-Saint Peter's great-great-aunt), and other such building-castles-in-the-air promises to a Piscean.

(I write hopelessly long sentences, by the time I come to the end, I forget where I started and why I wrote it, just like in LOTR where you have to keep going to the map to get a hang of the story,what with the characters that keep wandering off and indulging in battles.
See I told you I am toooo verbose)

Coming back to the point, I see no harm in believing Ganesha, whadya think? and like Vinaya pointed out, I know what NOT to expect, Mondays - Saturdays.

NOTE : The blogger apologises for the crap she is churning out these days. Over the weekend, she will sit down and search for the apparently missing and not-at-all-funny-bone that contributes to seriousness and maturity in outlook (funny? this is humour at its suicidal best, I rather like the term suicidal best, dont you?) 1** 2 +++


1**: In my best possible maharashtrian accent with emphasis on the 'd's and the 't's and the 'wh', "But what to do, I am like this only"

2+++ : Should search for a down-with-verbosity bone as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home