Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Meet Mister Master Big

Hi, I am XYZ and I want to design a car that will run on air
I want to design a program which will help organising travel in space
I am a student of Class VII and I want to be a biotechnologist
My name is ... and I want to..


The search for India's Child Genius. Star World. Sunday nights, 9-10 PM.

Normally I would have gawked at their ambitions at such young an age, commendable indeed, but I pity some of them more than I appreciate their talent. As they proudly announce their intentions to change the very face of earth, inadvertently, they sound unnatural, spewing forth lines written by a third person, harp upon ambitions harbored by a third person (akin to SOPs written by a graduate studies counseller).

Why dont we let those kids be what they should be, free souls, comfortable with themselves, not pseudo-adults trapped in a child? Is a glamorous-sounding plan for his/her future, chalked out at the tender age of twelve or age thirteen, a prerequisite for testing the genius in a child?

If you ask me, even a street urchin, who doesn't want to send rockets into outer space or perform neural surgery wonders, is a wunderkind, a genius at surviving in the most unfortunate of conditions.

(This post does not in any way mean to question the talent of the participants)

Current Music - The Gladiator main theme by Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard
(Lovely composition, especially the frenzied drums interlude, midway through the song. The soft worldless lyrics remind one of the Elvish in LOTR)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home