Tuesday, November 16, 2004



Ini-Mini-Mani-Mo

No amount of stabbing around is helping of late. Additionally, jabbing away to glory is time-consuming.

Ogling at the alphabets, expecting one of the letters to sidle up close, execute a Hula routine, and whisper with a suggestive wink "is it me you are looking for" is all in vain. Unfortunately A, B, C and D have a penchant for group dance and refrain from performing solo.

There is a limit to how many chits of paper you can stuff in the sleeve of your shirt/salwar kameez and under your wristwatch, unless I get a trendy sports timepiece with a huge dial and wide straps, (*tubelight on* which also justifies my always having wanted one. Two-birds-with-a-stone philosophy)

I am short-sighted and distance is unfortunately considered to be of prime importance during such gruelling mock sessions. A pair of binoculars in a classroom would seem mighty suspicious don't ya think? (unless of course, I profess to all and sundry, my undying love for watching wildlife, the only issue being that the "sundry and all" in question might not take too kindly to the same and would express their displeasure by coughing politely at such an announcement. To make matters worse, one of them has access to this blog too).

As a last resort, I jog my memory, huff-puffing my way 'round the track, which in cerebral terms would roughly translate to travelling back in time, *switch to black-and-white-flashback mode*, 3-5 months ago, monsoon mornings, Japanese lectures (JLPT Level 3) when I could have been either
a)dozing off    b)chewing the rubber off the pencil    c)traipsing in dreamland (or penning verse on rain pattering down the windowpanes)    d)all of the above

Did I ever tell you how I despise exams, especially those that offer multiple choice? The probability of getting the question right is 0.25. To make matters worse, I have this fetish of siding with the majority. Hence, inadvertently, I am always scraping my cranium clean over which one of the other three options that make up the 0.75 sounds like it could be correct.

I also happen to follow a policy on mantaining safe distances from that which is bound to be disagreable. Thus on that ill-fated day of the exam, should I

a)Conjure up a headache    b)Stick myself in a traffic jam    c)Pour half a bottle of Benadryl down me throat    d)Get myself kidnapped ?

Current Music : Lifehouse - Hanging by a moment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home