Thursday, December 16, 2004

And who can say
Where the road goes
Where the day flows
Only time..
- Only Time by Enya


They tell me it could be plastic
Or that ants lurk beneath the luscious cover
The freshness is the water sprinkled an hour ago
(It will but dry up anytime now)
Closely cropped? That would be the mower borrowed from next door
They accompany me to the fence
And there I ask them to stop short
The climbing I shall do myself, I say
And if I am to fall, it shall be of my own doing
(Though truth be told, secretly, I wish for them to steady me if the grip loosens)
To rationale, I be an infidel
To my own voice, (however frail and unsteady), faithful
The grass, it is always greener on the other side, they repeat
I listen patiently, oh yes I do
At the same time adamant about wanting to step on it, feel it, pull out a bunch by the roots
And see for myself, a sickening pale yellow deep beneath, if it really is
As they all claim it always is


Current Music : Goo Goo Dolls - Iris. Good rendition. Nice lyrics.
And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home