Friday, October 01, 2004

I am leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh babe, I hate to go..(hmm, this feeling is true only in parts)

---Leaving on a Jet Plane - OST Armageddon


Was not it just yesterday morning that I was trying not to appear too sleepy in my Japanese class. Today, at precisely that very minute, I was on Marine Drive, legs dangling, sitting on the stone barricades, waiting for the German consulate to wake up. Was it not just yesterday, that was I was among familiar faces, the strange ones given not more than a glance. Today, I was scanning the crowd at Nariman Point intently, looking out for the visa agent, a total stranger, sizing up probable Mr Balaji-s, amongst those heading my way, almost breaking into a smile then wiping it off, hurriedly, for the repeated no-shows.

To cut a long story short, I head for Germany on Tuesday late night, (work beckons, not pleasure). It is going to be a make or break situation, for I travel on this assignment alone. Either I'll minor_bruise my way through all that comes with going to a foreign country, fumbling with a language that I've studied almost 8 years ago, or I'll fail my claims of being somewhat fiercely independent, and the thorns shall pierce deep. Either way, it holds the promise of a struggle of sorts, and I look forward to the same.
Psst, watch out for a brand new Mein Kampf making its way to the stands, end of this year

So, *in a Nazi-l twang*, Auf Wiedersehen, for there is a possibility that we may not meet for a while...

Current Music - Yeh Jo Des - Swades
The entire collection is pretty good. The best thing about ARR is his judicious use of various musical instruments and playback artistes. His music may not go down well with some, but trust him not to dabble into tried-n-tested methods in at least a few of the songs in each album, and it is precisely this quality that I admire most.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home