Monday, October 11, 2004

Im Deutschland - Part I

!!DoNt PaNiC!!
Not that I was, but I rather like Ford Prefect and was hoping to incorporate his philosophy in at least one of my posts. I still haven't made perfect sense of the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, a second reading, am still on my first, will do me good.

I digress as always, it's a wonder I haven't lost touch with myself yet. Anyhow, I did not panic. Findings of the day: you can't radio a flight and ask for it to come back to base point just because *one poor soul* missed it by five minutes in spite of running helter-skelter for the same, and secondly because the soul in question is NOT the Head of State of some country, not even the District Councillor of Timbuktoo, assuming it exists in the first place. Lest you ask, I did not see it take off, wagging its tail, for if I had, I would have stood by the glass panes, shaking my fist at it and then maybe later, pleading, down on my knees, hoping the pilot would notice. Chivalry, like the Loch Ness monster can prove to be a myth at times. The airport officials did not even offer to stop the Frankfurt-Dusseldorf flight in mid-air, and fly me there by a 'copter! *utterly shocked, disappointed and with a sigh, resigns to her fate*.
FYI, Great Expectations was written with me in mind

This sad state of affairs was thanks to the Mumbai-Frankfurt flight being late by an hour and half, which in itself pointed fingers to the incoming flight from Frankfurt to Mumbai being late 'cause a passenger had a medical emergency. So, there I was, stranded at Frankfurt for four hours, with nothing better to do than check out the duty free shops, stare at people, peruse a German newspaper trying to read between the lines (for the lines themselves I couldn't decipher) and terrorize my taste buds with wierd tasting green tea or something to that effect.

Jet lag??..... I remember crashing into bed at 3:30 PM for a short nap. When I woke up, it was 4 AM. I was zonked, to say the least.

To be continued....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home