Monday, June 28, 2004

Oops, I missed it again

And how many times had I reprimanded myself, don't procrastinate, the sooner you book your tickets to NYC, the better. As is the norm, somebody else got there first.

[analysis of the misfortune]
"Slow and steady wins the race?"
Not really, my friends (if any) and foes (oh, so many), times have changed since proverbs were coined. Now, we have rabbits intelligent enough not to rest under the tree, and tortoises who've learnt how to hop onto a pair of skates.
[/end a.o.t.m]

So the pièce de résistance has been auctioned. Hmpph!
*bad girl, no donut for you* (the last four words lifted from the orkut list of error messages, usually seen when the server does not respond in a "friendly manner")
Now that we are on this, I have absolutely no idea what is to be done with orkut and an even foggier picture as to what I am doing there.

[why I signed up]
Welcome to the herd, the first invite read, and so I ventured onto the grazing lands.
"Take the road less travelled?"
Naah, my fr.& fo., times have changed, its a bad, bad world, watch out for wolves that devour bashful Li'l-Red-Riding-Hood-wannabes on unbeaten trails.
[/end w.i.s.u]

[switch the topic of discussion so suddenly, that the reader starts having those dizzy spells]
And when I actually buy a guitar in the next few weeks, one shall not be too surprised to notice a spurt in the number of for-sale-bungalows in my neighbourhood.

[why such an event might occur]
"Practice makes a (wo)man perfect!!"
Times have certainly changed, my fo. et fr., but some proverbs still make sense today.
[/end w.s.a.e.m.o]
[/end s.t.t.o.d.s.s,t.t.r.s.h.t.d.s]

Current Music: We Are One - The Lion King II - Simba's Pride
(If there is anybody personifying anachronism, allow the individual to be me. Watched Part I the other day, ten years after its release. On Part II now. Additionally, allow me to slip into 12-16-yr olds' lingo and say the movies are soooo chweet and soooo cuuute. Check out this song too. It is fantastic, more appealing if you have seen the movies.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home