Thursday, May 06, 2004

To the land of Payasams and Kalarippayattu and boat races and coconut trees and breathtaking backwaters and so much more.... To Kerala!!

I don't remember the last time I had packed my bags two days beforehand, double-checking the must-haves, debating on which clothes/shoes to take, reaching the station an hour in advance...
In short I don't remember having ever embarked on a trip peacefully before.
Historical data to support the same :D

On Saturday I travel on a week long sojourn to God's Own Country, and I have absolutely no idea how I am going to make it to the place without dislodging a neuron or two. To top it all, I don't even have a reservation for the return journey. Maybe I will fall in love with the place and stay there forever :). In fact as things stand at this moment, I will not be very surprised if the Panvel-Ernakulam ticket (that has been promised by the agent) becomes unavailable for mysterious reasons.

So, I guess that's it then, I bid farewell...

May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand
-Irish Blessings

(My own take on farewells shall come in a post later)

Current Music: Mora Saiyaan - Fuzon (Its a Pakistani ghazal, highly recommended, for its rendition and lyrics)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home