Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Up, Up and Above

These days its so hot in Pune (40 deg C), I am seriously planning to shift to the Himalayas and live happily ever after till June. The glossy brochures don't talk about internet connectivity out there, so I will be unreachable for the earthly beings, but maybe I could connect to the Almighty and sort out a few things with Him.

Entertainment avenues in the Himalayas :-
1)I could catch up on my non-existent Sanskrit knowledge at a rishi's abode, so that next time I mumble an aarati, I know what I am talking about. And I would also come back learned and wise, a halo around my head.

2)I could pretend to be Tintin and hunt for the abominable snowman , without the dog of course, for I have a firm belief that all dogs were born for the solitary purpose of biting me ( or stealing my shoes), my nearly-being-bitten escapades experiences speaketh.

3)If not the snowman, I could hunt for other Uncle Sam abominables, specially those whose names have an O, a B and an L in them, if and only if M&B haven't got him already. I don't like to be explicit, remember I want to "live" happily ever after and "return" in June.
Psst: M&B does not stand for Mills and Boon, nope, I haven't read any and would rather watch the ants on the wall, than read one

4)Hmm, let me see, what else can I do?Go skiing?Make a snowman?Throw snowballs at no-one in particular? Build an igloo? Laugh at everybody sweltering back home?..........

The writer has been forced to stop here, 'cause she is beginning to sound delirious. She has totally forgotten the fact that she suffers from acrophobia, even the fifth rung of the ladder is enough to send shudders down her spine, so the Himalayas are a definite no-no. Poor girl, the heat has probably gotten to her.

Current Music - Can't help Falling In Love With You - Elvis Presley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home