Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Kal Ho Na Ho
Not the movie, this would best describe him, someone whom I know well, and who is suffering from cancer, the disease in its last stage. My heart goes out to his wife, for the ordeal she must be going through now.

This poem, but obviously, inspired from this sad fact.

To dream together
Of a home, ours
The kids, mixed emotions when they were born, a boy I wanted, the girl you wished for, I saw your tears the first time then
The garden, the roses that you plucked for me every morning
The moments, special, your hand in mine as we watched the sun shock the sky into a deep orange-red
The walks by the sea, the waves pulling me in, enticing me, and you would pull me back, to yourself, promising never to let go
The fights we had, you forgot my birthday, and four hours of football was never my idea of entertainment....

To remember, alone
The dream, shattered, like glass, broken
Forced, to say, I am fine, clearing the pieces, taking care not to let the shards hurt our children, the boy I wanted, the girl you wished for

To remember
Alone, all alone.....


Current Music: Forever and for always - Shania Twain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home