Friday, March 28, 2003

Phone conversations can be so full of suspense

The phone rings. You pick it up.
Caller: Hello, its me!!
Me: ( Obviously its you, but who are you) Hello err.. err..
Caller: C'mon did you not recognise me??
Me: ( Muddled ) ABC
Caller: ( who is not ABC ) Noooo, c'mon try again
Me: XYZ
Caller: (wild by now that you cannot recognise him/her) Nooo
Me: (solving a math paper is easier, racking your memory for a face to match the voice, desperate now) I am sorry , I did not recognise you
Caller: Its meee, PQR!!
Me: ( Phew, The ordeal is over) Ohhhh
Caller: How can you not recognise my voice??
Me: (I would have, had you told me your name at first) Well, you know you sound so much like ABC and XYZ....


Next time, the phone rings, I force my mom to pick it up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home