Thursday, November 10, 2005

It was a night like no other
My muse, shaped like a three month fetus
Nestled in its womb

Would you believe me if I were to tell you that
It fell on earth, just like that, out of the blue
And that instinctively I stepped back
Only to pick it up a while later (with gnawing curiosity)
Nay, it wasn't particularly heavy, more like a cardboard, with lots of glitter on it

It seemed so perfectly normal to
Run towards the sea
Dragging it roughly with a string

I am befuddled as to why
I flung it into the vast expanse before me
How I wish you were there too, in this secluded part of my world
You'd sit on the sand besides me, and we'd watch it bob gently on the calm waters

Must I mention here
I dreamt of the crescent moon a few nights ago?


Current Music: Annie's Song - John Denver
(A true beauty, this one is)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home