Monday, September 20, 2004

Ganpati Bappa Morya!!

My weekend getaway and a very art(i)ful one at that!

Come Ganesh Chaturthi and I look out (in fact literally_and_otherwise_speaking, crane my neck) for the very much traditional and rhythmic mini_cymbal-produced music-n-dance show that accompanies a few welcome_and_farewell Lord Ganesh processions. Its more commonly known as lejhim in Marathi and is usually executed by school going children. Additionally, I, like some others, fail to understand why *most* (and now you know why my neck hurts) stick to the Kaanta Laga/Mungda/Kaala Kauwa routines. Yeah, I am a stickler for getting some things done the right way.

Now that the topic has sprung up..
I had a significantly huge postal stamps collection way back, sadly that scrapbook is nowhere to be found today. Have turned to Ganpati idols now, (not deliberately, come to think of it), but the Elephant God, in plastic/brass/wood seems to have occupied quite a many nook and cranny at home. I guess I should consciously strive towards increasing the collection now.

Current Music - The instrumental theme from the Last Of The Mohicans
(Highly recommended, 'em bagpipes, they take centrestage in this one)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home