Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Sleepless in Pune

My weekend was spent in fighting a battle, a battle with my senses, a battle with my constantly shutting eyelids. The reason I could not just drop off right there and then was because I was attending a certain workshop. It was not their fault, they were pretty good trainers, I humbly accept the blame. In fact, during the moments I was paying attention, I gathered the training to be pretty interesting. They talked about blogging to keep a track of what you do all day :-), about control over the state of mind, about body language, about patience...

I knew people in college who could actually sleep right through the lectures, laying their heads on the table, something I could not just bring myself to do. I admire doctors in this case, I wonder how they can be on duty for a period greater than 30 hours. (And to think I had set my eyes on joining the medical profession initially)

The only time I actually managed to sleep on duty was during the regatta practices in COEP , here you are, spending the whole day in college (where college = 50%BoatClub + 50%Department) , and then off to night-long romancing with the water, and then back to college again. I remember conking off once, during one such session, for an undeterminate period of time, and hoping no one had called out to me when I finally gained consciousness

Next time into a similar battle, I will take to daydreaming instead (something I am an expert at ;-), switching from one thought to another at the rate I switch TV channels at home.

"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost" - Tolkien

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home