Wednesday, August 13, 2003

One day, I will accept the fact that poetry aint my cup of tea, till then, I'll keep posting

I dreamt of you last night
The battered wagon and the long winding road
I sat besides you and you kissed my forehead like always

Years ago, I believed when you said I was once a star in the great great sky
Yesterday, I smiled when you told me stories of the wild
You expect me to stare wide-eyed and open-mouthed like always
I am not a child anymore, this doesn't scare me now

Years ago, that day, you said you would be back soon
The hushed voices and white veils, made me realise otherwise
Life goes on and the tears have all dried up

You drive, talk and laugh like always, while I hold on to time
I know I am dreaming, the pain and the loss too deep, for this to be real
Savouring each moment, for soon it shall be dawn
and I will wake up, a solitary drop running down my cheek

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home