Thursday, March 04, 2004

You know you have really grown up when...

After a minor argument, you threaten your mom that you will run away, and without blinking an eyelid, she says "go..and now you are earning too".
A few years ago, as a rebellious teenager (don't we all go through such phases) I had put forth the same threat and the same mom was very upset (almost on the verge of tears) and wanted to know where I had got this idea from *insert teethy smiley here*

As for really leaving, she knows I am not going anywhere, I know that I wouldn't. After all she holds the trump card, for every such threat is followed by a rhetorical question (can I call it a googly?) from her, "Who will cook your dinner for you everyday?"

And I, almost on the doorstep, trudge back to my room, bags in tow.

Psst: She makes the best corn 'n' peas pulao that ever was. My friend Rashmi will vouch for this ;-)

Current Music: Last Christmas - G. Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home